Buy online and collect at one of our 7 branches nationwide or choose home delivery (FREE on all orders over €250).
Need help? Contact us on 01 419 0099 or via Brooksonline chat to speak to one of our Timber Experts today.
- 6MM MARINE PLYWOOD 2440mmx1220mm (8'x4') BS 1088 CE2+€33.74 €27.43
Marine Plywood is manufactured from durable face and core veneers, with few defects so it performs longer in humid and wet conditions. Its construction is such that it can be used in environments where it is exposed to moisture for long periods.
In external use it is recommended that all edges face and back are sealed with a suitable sealant. Manufactured with fully waterproof (immersion and boiling water tested) WBP phenolic glues. Marine Ply can be used in domestic applications on walls, floors that are overlaid with tiles and for fascia and soffits
This is construction grade Marine Plywood so not suitable for boat building. It does not comply with BS-5268.
Care and Handling of Plywood
General Storing and Handling
Plywood, like any other panel product, requires proper handling and storage. Despite its sturdy cross-laminated construction, face veneers, panel edges and panel corners are vulnerable to damage and should always be protected.
Plywood is manufactured at a low moisture content and while small changes in moisture content will not appreciably affect its dimensions, large changes should be avoided since they may encourage checking of the face veneer with consequent impairment of its qualities as a paint base. It is good practice to store plywood which is to be used for interior finish under conditions that approximate those it will experience in service.
Points to watch when handling plywood are:
1. Store plywood panels flat and level.
2. Keep finish faces inward and cover stacks to protect from bumping and abrasion.
3. Protect panel edges and corners. This is especially important with tongue and groove plywood.
4. Carry panels on edge (always being careful not to damage faces, edges and corners).
5. When plywood is used as a finishing material, deliver to job-site at the last possible moment.
6. Protect panels from sunlight, water or excessive humidity.
7. All cut edges should be sealed with a good quality varnish or oil based paint.