Buy online & collect at one of our branches nationwide or choose delivery (FREE on all orders over €250). Need help? Contact us on 01 419 0099 or via online chat to speak to our Timber Experts today. See our Plywood buyers guide below for more info.
Birch plywood is constructed from multiple layers of thin veneers to create a strong and durable multi-ply panel. Birch Plywood is a high-quality construction material with an excellent durability and resistance to moisture.
Its excellent strength to weight ratio make it ideal for use in construction, furniture, shelves and packaging.
The interior plywood is easy to work with; it goes perfectly well with finish materials. It is water resistant, however it is not recommended to use it for exterior finish.
This material is ideal for interior use.
Fire Rated Birch Plywood also available
Plywood is an extremely versatile product. It is used for a wide range of interior, exterior and structural applications - from shuttering formwork through to internal finish grade plywood.
Plywood is basically a number of thin pieces of wood bonded together to produce a flat sheet. The biggest differences between each type of plywood are:
1. The overall thickness (6mm, 12mm, 18mm etc)
2. The type and quality of timber used (Birch, hardwood etc) and
3. The grade and certification standard of plywood specified (BB/BB, CE2+ EN636/2 etc)
Points to watch when handling plywood are:
1. Store plywood panels flat and level.
2. Keep finish faces inward and cover stacks to protect from bumping and abrasion.
3. Protect panel edges and corners. This is especially important with tongue and groove plywood.
4. Carry panels on edge (always being careful not to damage faces, edges and corners).
5. When plywood is used as a finishing material, deliver to job-site at the last possible moment.
6. Protect panels from sunlight, water or excessive humidity.
7. All cut edges should be sealed with a good quality varnish or oil based paint.