Shuttering Grade Ply
Shope onlin today & Click & Collect from branches Nationwide or select delivery (FREE on all orders over €250).
Need help? Contact us on 01 419 0099 or via Brooksonline chat to speak to one of our Timber Experts today.
Shuttering plywood is suitable for concrete shuttering, site hoarding, roofing or flooring. Constructed with high quality phenolic adhesive WBP - Water and Boil Proof standards (also known as Weather and Boil Proof). Shuttering plywood has a quality pine face with a softwood core.
Shuttering ply is for use in construction for non structural application (CE4) In situations where it is intended to be covered after installation for example on a flat roof under felt, shuttering plywood is generally used. Shuttering plywood should be sealed with varnish or similar if it is to be used in wet or exposed locations.
Care and Handling of Plywood
General Storing and Handling
Plywood, like any other panel product, requires proper handling and storage. Despite its sturdy cross-laminated construction, face veneers, panel edges and panel corners are vulnerable to damage and should always be protected.
Plywood is manufactured at a low moisture content and while small changes in moisture content will not appreciably affect its dimensions, large changes should be avoided since they may encourage checking of the face veneer with consequent impairment of its qualities as a paint base. It is good practice to store plywood which is to be used for interior finish under conditions that approximate those it will experience in service.
Points to watch when handling plywood are:
1. Store plywood panels flat and level.
2. Keep finish faces inward and cover stacks to protect from bumping and abrasion.
3. Protect panel edges and corners. This is especially important with tongue and groove plywood.
4. Carry panels on edge (always being careful not to damage faces, edges and corners).
5. When plywood is used as a finishing material, deliver to job-site at the last possible moment.
6. Protect panels from sunlight, water or excessive humidity.
7. All cut edges should be sealed with a good quality varnish or oil based paint.